Hey, you are here because you are struggling with Youtube video ranking. And you are struggling with Youtube ranking because you are not doing Youtube SEO perfectly. So, here in this guide, we’ll discuss about Youtube Video SEO & how to get more Video Views.
Youtube SEO? Huh !! 🤔
What the heck is this?
As I told you in the beginning that in this article, I am going to explain to you a step-by-step process about Youtube SEO and how to rank Youtube Videos?
But before getting a deep look at YouTube Video Ranking, learn why you should look after the Youtube Videos SEO?
What is YouTube SEO?
It may be hard to believe, yet YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world besides Google and the second most visited webpage on the Internet. This is the kind of free traffic you cannot ignore. By tackling the power of YouTube, you can expand your image’s visibility exponentially.
With hundreds of hours of video consumed every minute, making your content stand out from your YouTube competitors can be extreme. So, learning the systems for getting a YouTube video to rank well on YouTube is of great significance.
This is what to do while performing SEO on YouTube Videos. But before that have look at most important Youtube ranking factors.
What are YouTube Ranking Factors?
I will uncover the most critical ranking factors that are important to improving your YouTube approach. When you’re done with this article, you’ll have a far more clear thought of what you have to do to make more noticeable progress with YouTube Videos Ranking.
Keywords play important roles in Blogging but don’t underestimate Keywords in Video SEO also. The keywords has equal significance in Youtube Video SEO also. So, you need to perform deep keyword research to rank your youtube videos.
(a) Channel Keywords
An appropriately improved YouTube channel goes far in helping search engines to understand your content and accordingly, improvement can expand your ranking both within YouTube Search itself, and within search engines, for example, Google.
You need to go to about section of your Youtube Channel, as shown in the image below:
The YouTube calculation puts a meaningful amount of importance on metadata and channel keywords (highlighted with a green underline in the above image), both are a unique part of the YouTube Ranking Algorithm. They’re one or two para description of your channel that gives YouTube an initially thought of what your video content is about. They can be added from the driven settings of the Creator Studio within your YouTube dashboard.
You can use Google Keyword Planner to research keywords for your Youtube Channel.
Learn More: How To Use Google Keyword Planner For Keyword Research?
(b) Video Keywords: Choose In Autocomplete
The most useful video keywords are specific (long-tail) phrases that display up on YouTube. In this way, you can rank your videos in different places & get more traffic. Start creating a keyword into YouTube, and it will finish the phrase, or use the underline character _ to have it fill in the clear with more ideas. You can do this anywhere in words.
You need to enter your focus keyword in Youtube Search Bar & YouTube will suggest you long-tail keywords as shown in the image below:
Choose Specific Phrases and their broad keyword search forms. Because targeting broad keywords would you be able to get more views? However, these keywords are considerably more competitive than specific catchwords. Regardless of whether you should target general or particular phrases depend on the keyword’s competition, video quality, and how well you advance your video.
MozBar Chrome Extension can help you to perform the keyword research and also show the competition for the particular keyword. You can Download and Install the extension on Google Chrome Browser. After that Google, your keyword while searching YouTube, similar to this: site: www.youtube.com your search term. On the off chance that top results have a higher PA (page authority), the keyword is more competitive. Broad keywords usually are more competitive and expect you to make a superior video, so select a specific phrase from YouTube Autocomplete and make an excellent video than the top results.
2. Video Title
On-page search engine optimization (SEO) is similarly as crucial for YouTube videos; as considered for blogs and other web content. Once more, metadata is a significant ranking variable for YouTube videos and that incorporates, obviously, your YouTube Video Title.
As you can see in the image about, Youtube video title gives an early introduction of your video to search engines, YouTube and end clients and a well-titled video will at last pull in more rush hour that improves your perspectives.
Shorter titles, for the most part, work best, as longer titles can be cut off upon the program, gadget or search engine that people are using, attempt to restrict video titles to five to seven words or less.
3. Video Description
Alongside your video title, the Youtube video description is one of the most famous YouTube ranking factors.
As YouTube and Google can’t remove data from your video, they need a content description to decide your video’s content. If you do eliminate one, and in this way give search engines no real way to find out what your video is about, your rankings could suffer.
So, writing a keyword-rich and brief video description will help you to rank higher in ranking on Youtube.
4. Video Tags
Tags are one or two-word descriptions that offer YouTube further knowledge into your video’s subject and content. While they don’t affect rankings as much as your video’s title or description, tags are as yet an essential part.
They can moreover assist people with finding their content. Tags are keywords – so consider the kinds of expressions people may utilize when searching for your video. For instance, if your video is about on-page SEO, at that point, you could use tags, for example, “ranking blog articles” or “on-page SEO.”
So, I’ve covered all major Youtube Ranking Factors that affect Youtube Ranking. Here ahead in this article I am going to explain to you how to optimize Youtube videos to improve ranking further in Youtube Search Results.
How To Optimise Youtube Video
- Use The Keyword In The File Name: Before transferring your video, mark the video record as your keyword. If you previously moved the video, there is no real way to change this (nonetheless, it’s just a small positioning variable).
- Say Your Keyword: literally saying your keyword a couple of times matches keyword density for videos. Say it usually, don’t just say it to maintain it. Adding incomplete matches is also high.
- Length Is Strength: this refers to both videos and material on your site. Longer videos rank high because individuals can discover all that they’re searching for, especially tutorials and reviews. Individuals will spend more time viewing your video, and you will most likely get more commitment.
- HD Quality: you can use your Smartphone; however, a pleasant HD video camera makes a critical definition. In case you’re recording from your PC ensure you check the settings for ideal video + sound.
- Get To The Point: alter out all unnecessary pauses and be short. I am super fussy about this and saw a significant difference in my video’s commitment.
- Compose A Descriptive, Keyword-Rich Title: A decent title has two things: your keyword and an attractive point. Google regularly displays the first 50–60 characters, so attempt to stay inside that go. You don’t always need to use an accurate match of your keyword; however, every individual word should, at any rate, be present in the video title.
- Compose a Long Description With Keywords, Timestamps, Links: Long descriptions are extraordinary for YouTube video SEO and give you a spot to include timestamps, useful links, and a general summary. Content is super essential for ranking any video.
- Incorporate Keyword In The First Sentence – both YouTube & Google use the 1st 160 characters as the meta description, which appears in different search results. Specialty this sentence (or two) wisely since people will read this to decide if they will tap on your video. A standard guideline is to always use your keyword around 2-3 total times in your video description.
- Timestamps – lets viewers hop to sections of the video so they can discover what they’re searching for, which also improves commitment with your video. This is especially useful for long videos.
- Links – Google follows links or Backlinks to decide the importance of a video (similar to internal links on your website). Add a couple of supportive links to your different videos, blog articles, or providing resources.
- Design A Nice Custom Thumbnail: Transfer a custom thumbnail in the video chief under Info and Settings (you should confirm your record first). Dimensions should be 1280(width) x 720(height) pixels. This will show up in search results and the “related searches” section on YouTube. Take a stab at composing something in big letters.
I’ve you got an idea about optimizing Youtube Videos further with the help of the above mentioned points and can perform better in Youtube Search Ranking.
As of now, you have a clear and brief idea about how to perform Youtube SEO and how to rank Youtube videos. Even after performing on-page SEO you can also improve your Youtube Video Ranking if you have a blog like WordPress Blog. If you don’t, you can learn here about How To Create A Blog.
You can embed your Youtube Video on your WordPress Blog or another blog to get better exposure. I am sharing a few simple tips on getting exposure by embedding Youtube videos on your Blog.
Tips On Embedding Videos For Youtube SEO
- Choice 1: Copy the YouTube link and paste it to your substance (WordPress will wrap up).
- Choice 2: Go to the YouTube video you need to the implant, at that point reorder the insert code into your HTML. This strategy allows you to specify the video’s length and size.
- Choice 3: Open a video when you click a connection using the WP Video Lightbox Plugin.
Do you really want to know how to get more views on the YouTube channel?
Like Google search engine YouTube also have its variety of factors in its algorithm for YouTube Video Ranking by which it displays certain videos at first and rests after that.
How to Get More Youtube Video Views?
Here are some proper tips that can help you in getting more views on your youtube videos:
1. Using keywords to search
I’ll explain here about, How to increase YouTube views?
Will keyword research for Youtube will help you to get more views? 🤔
👉 And my answer is “Yes”! 👍
When you use the keywords to search the YouTube algorithm will find it easy to search the content and in lesser time. For a more detailed keyword search, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) method can come into play. YouTube search algorithms optimize the channels and its contents by separating them by their names, titles, description tags and target audience.
You can use Keyword Research tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush & Ubersuggest for deep keyword research.
2. Put Quality Description
Writing about the video description will help the search engines and users to know more preciously about the content of the video. This will not only let the user know about the video description but also increase the click-through rate and hence, the views of the videos. So be as descriptive and clear as possible about your content.
3. Increase Your Subscribers
One of the best ways to get more YouTube views is by increasing your subscribers. You can ask your viewers to subscribe to your channel at the beginning of each video and press the bell icon. What this will do is that every time you upload a video, your subscribers will get notified, and they will view it, and in return, you will get more views on that video.
4. Advertising your Channel
If you have any other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. You can post the link of your YouTube video there and write a good catchy description so that after reading it people will get more interested in it. When they click on the link, they will be directed to your video automatically giving you the increase in the number of views you want.
5. Make Video Teaser
To promote your channel or YouTube video, you can create a short teaser and post it on different social media platforms as well. A visual motion display is more attractive than a written one. People will find it interesting and want to know more about the content, and hence, it will add to your number of free YouTube views.
6. Know Your Target Audience
We can say that YouTube is like a video search engine. We can use it as a social platform or social network to present our work to a wider range of people. It is important to know your target audience whenever you post a video because it is more likely that, that group of the audience will get interested in the content quicker than the others.
For example, if you have posted about some physics lessons that an 11th-grade student wants to know, it is more likely that students aged from 15-17 years will view that video first rather than a 30-year-old person. And all of them having the same problem i.e. how to get YouTube views organic with less hard work.
So whenever you upload a video, make sure to engage your audience even while working on different projects. Answer to their comments, clear their doubts is active in your niche community. This is a good way to build a nice relationship with your viewers and subscribers also. This is a way to build trust and get a dedicated and regular audience for your channel. At the end of your videos, you can ask them to share your video with their friends and family too. They can even share it on their WhatsApp group of the Facebook pages if they like your work.
6. Enable the Option – Related Channels
Many YouTubers that make this big mistake is that they turn off there ‘related channels’ feature that You Tube offer. When people do that they remove their channel form the recommendations list of YouTube. So optimizing your YouTube channel is also a very important criteria to get to more target audience and hence you will get YouTube views.
7. Attractive Thumbnail Image
An attractive thumbnail image is another way to attract viewers to click on your video. You can create your own custom thumbnail image for your video. The maximum performing videos use this technique on the platform.
8. Invite Guest
Inviting guest bloggers can make your videos more interesting and attract the attention of your audience.
These guest can be a great influencer who has a similar audience as yours and open doors to new viewers for your videos too. This is also a useful example of a mutual relationship in which both of you will be benefitted.
9. Upload Videos When Your Audience is On YouTube
A regular publishing schedule can draw viewers back to your channel to watch more. You can then use sections and playlists to help them easily find more of what they like on your channel.
10. Publish on a Regular Schedule
To stay in the lead of viewers’ minds, many creators have found that setting a regular routine publishing schedule helps viewers to know when to expect their next release – it’s like anticipating the next episode of your favorite show. Subscribers can find your new uploads in their Subscription feed and can opt-in to mobile or email notifications based on their interests.
11. Publish Consistently
- Aim to publish at set intervals (such as weekly) and on certain days (for example, every Tuesday). Your publishing frequency may depend on your video formats.
- Stay flexible enough to respond to search trends or timely topics. For instance, you can supplement your regular programming if there’s breaking news.
- Try spacing out videos (instead of publishing several at once). You can upload videos and then schedule the date, time and time zone for their publication.
- Try posting comments on your own videos, as well as replying to comments from others. You can pin your favorite comment to the top of the feed and even reply to comments on the go with the YouTube Studio mobile app.
- Set aside time for your channel activity. If you upload videos weekly, you may decide to schedule a certain day for fan interactions, such as adding hearts to your favorite comments.
- Adjust your Community settings if you want to hold and review new comments before they’re posted. You can select users whose comments will be automatically approved.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the post & got an idea about how to get more views on youtube videos by performing the SEO for Videos on Youtube.
That is how you rank YouTube videos higher in both YouTube & Google to rank higher & get more video views.
Surely, if you are a Blogger, Vlogger or doing it for your business, you can do it as well.
If you have questions, leave me a remark, and I’ll be happy to enable you to out.
Furthermore, the chances that you discovered this supportive, please give it a share.