Pivot Point Calculator
You can learn how to calculate Pivot Point here on this page using our guide or simply you do Pivot Points calculation using our Pivot Point Calculator.
Pivot Point Calculation
The Pivot Points, Support and Resistance levels for a said scrip or stock are calculated based on the last trading session’s open, high, low and close prices.
If you want to calculate Pivot Points than the manual calculation for a pivot point is shown below:
- Pivot point (PP) = (High + Low + Close) / 3
All Support and resistance levels are then calculated using the value of pivot point as shown below:
First level support and resistance calculation:
- First resistance (R1) = (2 x PP) – Low
- First support (S1) = (2 x PP) – High
The second level of support and resistance calculation:
- Second resistance (R2) = PP + (High – Low)
- Second support (S2) = PP – (High – Low)
The third level of support and resistance calculation:
- Third resistance (R3) = High + 2(PP – Low)
- Third support (S3) = Low – 2(High – PP)
Using pivot points, one can decide the tentative levels of any stock or index and set up his/her trade system. You can also start setting up your trade by calculating Fibonacci retracement using our Fibonacci Calculator.