Angel Broking was incorporated in 1987 and is one of the largest full-service retail brokers in India among ICICI Direct, HDFC Securities, Kotak Securities. The company provides a wide range of investment and trading services that includes stock and commodity broking, investment advisory services, margin funding, loans against shares, and financial product distribution.
Angel Broking Review
Angel Broking has a strong presence with more than 110 branches and 11,000 sub-broker offices in 1800+ cities of India.
In April 2019, Angel Broking revised its brokerage plans to compete with the discount stock brokers like Zerodha. Angel Broking now offers flat rate brokerage plan ‘Angel iTrade’ to its customers. This plan provides trading at fixed Rs 15 per trade for order size less than Rs 50,000 and Rs 30 per trade for order size greater than Rs 50,000. The same flat brokerage rate is applicable across exchanges and segments at Angel.
Angel Broking is famous for its excellent trading software and investment advisory services. The stockbroker is the first large-size full-service broker offering discount brokerage rates to its customers.
What is Angel ARQ
Angel ARQ is the company’s flagship investment advisory tool with great features. It is a rule-based investment engine (robot) suggesting investment and trading ideas to the customers. ARQ provides recommendations for Equity Stocks and Mutual Funds investments. It uses advanced technologies like Expert Insights, Machine Learning, Cognitive Algorithms and Teraflops of processing power and provides excellent trading experience.
ARQ is integrated into the trading software offered by the company. ARQ tool works as a personal fund manager for the investors. It is just an advisory tool and doesn’t have any fees or minimum investment commitments. It totally depends upon the customer’s choice to follow ARQ advice.
Angel Broking’s Trading Platforms
Angel Broking offers brokerage services through various web trading, mobile trading and installable EXE platforms. All these trading platforms are free to use for all the customers.
Angel Broking App (Mobile Trading App)
Angel Broking Trade (Website)
It is a browser-based trading platform that is available to all customers. This platform is useful for investors & traders to access the market from different terminals and different devices.
Angel SpeedPro (Trading Terminal)
An application trading platform that provides automatic updates to its traders that makes the market accessible to investors from different terminals along with other features.
Angel Broking Brokerage Charges 2019
Angel broking offers one simple trading brokerage plan ‘Angel iTrade‘ plan. This online trading plan offers full-service brokerage services to its clients with very low brokerage charges which are in line with discount stock brokers in India.
Angel iTrade (Flat Fee Trading) Plan
The plan was launched in April 2019 by the broker. The Angel iTrade plan offers premium brokerage services with simplified flat-fee pricing. Except for additional ₹20 call & trade charges, this plan has no hidden brokerage charges.
|Equity Delivery||Flat ₹15 per trade (<₹50k order) | ₹30 per trade (>₹50k order)|
|Equity Intraday||Flat ₹15/trade (<₹50k order) | ₹30/trade (>₹50k order)|
|Equity F&O||Flat ₹30 per executed order|
|Currency F&O||Flat ₹30 per executed order|
|Commodity F&O||Flat ₹30 per executed order|
- Trader don’t need minimum margin for this plan.
- Trading software and web portal are free to all customers.
- No cost Research and advisory services for all customers.
- Under this plan Call & Trade is charged at an additional ₹20 per trade.
- As of 2019, Angel has great offering all other brokerage plans including percentage-based plans.
How to open an account with Angel Broking Ltd?
To trade or invest in the stock market with Angel Broking, the investor has to open an account with the broker. Following is the simplest way to open an account with Angelbroking:
- Request a callback and Angel customer service representative will call you back to answer any question you may have.
Angel Broking Pros and Cons
Angel Broking Advantages
- Full-service brokerage services are available at ultra-low brokerage charges.
- Flat fee stockbroker charging Rs 30 per order across all trading segments and exchanges. (Rs 15 for orders < Rs 50k).
- Offers cheapest fees across all full-service stockbrokers that saves over 60% brokerage.
- Free research and advisory services to its customers like comprehensive daily, weekly and specialized research reports from Expert.
- Free trading software and website (website, mobile, and trading terminal).
- Verity of investment options availability like Equity trading, F&O, Commodities, PMS, Mutual Funds, Insurances.
- Presence in 1800+ of cities across India.
- More than 30+ years of industry-leading experience in the brokerage business.
- Training, advisories and hand-holding is available for beginners.
Angel Broking Disadvantages
- Angel Broking doesn’t offer 3-in-1 accounts like ICICIdirect, HDFC Sec and Kotak Securities.
- Broker assisted trades (Call & Trade) are charged for extra Rs 20 per executed order.
Angel Broking Exposure Margin
Angel Broking leverage for intraday trading, delivery, options trading, currency and commodities.
|Equity Delivery||Upto 3x with 24% interest per year|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 10x|
|Equity Future||Upto 4x|
|Equity Options||3x for shorting|
|Currency Future||Upto 2x|
|Currency Options||Upto 5x for shorting|
Angel Broking is a full-service broker that offers competitive brokerage fees to compete with discount stock brokers. The broker also offers flat-fee brokerage that makes it one of the most affordable full-service stockbroker in India. The company also provides trading software, trading apps, analysis, news and advisory to its all clients for free.